Working Online for Authors: Get Started with Social Networking (a clinic for beginners)
Clinic length: 90 minutes
Day: Wednesday, January 20 OR Friday, February 26
Time: Evening Session – 6:00-7:30 pm
Pre-requisite for beginners: This workshop is required before attending either of the Saturday workshops, “Online Tools and Strategies for Authors” if you are a beginner or you don’t feel confident working in your social media accounts.
Location: Copia, 1174 S. Burlington Blvd., Burlington, WA 98233
Limits: Each session limited to 4 participants (minimum is 2). Workshop will be re-scheduled if enrollment is less than 2.
You will work with one-on-one hands-on training and coaching to:
- Set up a new social networking account (Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Manage privacy and spam
- Build a profile that will attract new viewers and followers
- Populate your own page or stream with content (words and images; audio and video optional)
- Schedule posts in advance (a time saver!)
- Link one social network to another to increase your “reach” (how many people see your content)
Perfect for beginners, each clinic session will be slow-paced and give you one-on-one assistance to get started. You will leave with checklists and other materials to help you take the next steps, and you will have access to the instructor via email for 4 weeks of support following the workshop.