Rand Fish of SEOmoz is an expert in “on page SEO”, meaning helping you create web pages and blog posts that will build your small business brand and attract buyers for your products and/or services. See what he has to say in this video from a Whiteboard Friday presentation, Getting On-Page SEO Right in 2012 and Beyond:
Optimizing Your Web Pages: Simple Rules of On-Page Optimization from SEOmoz Video
1.Â Keyword Hotspots: Your primary keyword for the page should appear in the:
- page or post title,
- 2-10 times in the content,
- Â headers and sub-headers (H1, H2, H3 tags),
- Â page URL,Â and
- in the alt tags for images.
2.Â Make your content relevant and targeted to the people searching for it.
3.Â Make the actual search listingÂ as interesting as possible by adding rel=author listing.
4.Â Make the title as fascinating (therefore sharable) as possible.
5.Â Ensure your domain name is part of your brand name strategy e.g. it’s a brand name people will want to click on because they know it–or they want to know more about it.
Resources and Guides: Search Engine Optimization
- The Beginner’s Guide to SEO fr*ee at SEOmoz.com
- A Simple Step by Step Guide to SEO by KISSmetrics
- SEO Copywriting Made Simple fr*ee report at Copyblogger