Does Pinterest Work for Business?
- As of February, Pinterest had 25 million users. (Business Insider)
- As of September, Pinterest has 70 million users.
- Pinterest shoppers are spending significantly more per checkout averaging between $140-$180 per order compared with consistent $80 and $60 orders for Facebook and Twitter shoppers, respectively. (Rich Relevance)
- U.S. consumers who use Pinterest follow an average of 9.3 retailers on the site. (Shop.org)
- Pinterest accounts for 25 percent of retail referral traffic. (Rich Relevance)
- Pinterest is now the third most popular social network in the US in terms of traffic.
- There are more than 200,000 active Pinterest users in the UK.
- 29% of UK users are in the highest income bracket.
Pinterest Case Study: Jewelry Retailer Boticca
- Jewellery retailer Boticca found that after integrating âpinningâ buttons across its website, Pinterest became its number one social referrer, assisting roughly 10% of sales, compared to 7% from Facebook.
- Furthermore, Boticca found that Pinterest users spend more than twice as much as Facebook users ($180 vs. $85), and the site drives higher numbers of new customers. 86% of visits from Pinterest are new to Boticca compared to 57% from Facebook.
Is Pinterest Good for Business? (econsultancy.com)
- 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies have Pinterest accounts.
- Pinterest pins with prices get 36% more likes than those without.
- 43% of Pinterest members agree that they use Pinterest to âassociate with retailers or brands with which I identifyâ, compared to just 24% of Facebook users who agree to the same use with Facebook.
- According to a study by Convertro, Pinterest represented 17.4% of social media revenue for e-commerce sites in April 2012, up from just 1.2% in Q2 2011. The data was taken from 40 of its clients, most of which are top 500 internet retailers.
- According to a Bizrate report 69% of online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item theyâve purchased or wanted to purchase as compared to only 40% of online consumers who visit Facebook.
- The survey, which interviewed 7,431 online buyers from August 9 to 17 2012, also found that significantly more online consumers agree that Pinterest is a place to âget inspiration on what to buyâ and âhelp keep track of or collect things I like.â
Here’s an infographic by Wishpond illustrating how users interact on Pinterest:
Pinterest for Traffic
Without a doubt, Pinterest is the best choice for business owners who want to build traffic to a business website.
At Pinterest, you can create a business account without first creating a personal account.