Book Marketing for Authors:Â Workshops & Clinics
Join us for website and social media training for authors. Register in advance. Pay at the door. Numbers limited, so please, no “walk in’s”. Use the form to contact us to set up a workshop for your group.
Book Marketing for Authors: Online Tools and Strategies
Limit: 6 participants (Minimum is 3. Workshop will be re-scheduled if enrollment is less than 3.)
You will learn:
- Which social networks and online activities to choose as your primary book marketing locations. Focus for effectiveness. Save time and energy.
- The essential components of an author’s online platform. Do you have them now and do they “play well” together?
- The essential daily, weekly and monthly tasks for a smooth running book marketing system online. Stay on task, not lost in cyberspace.
- How to use three online tools to manage and schedule posting to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Be strategic with your time.
- How to use social networking and social media tools to find more readers. Get results.
- How to use social networking and social media tools to sell more books. Get more results.
- Nine possible book marketing routines to choose from to increase your visibility as an author and your book sales. Make your time work for you with routines that become habits.
- Eleven essential steps for an effective online book launch. Check all the boxes to execute a series of timely steps. Less stress.
There will be short presentations and time for some hands-on work (with coaching). You will leave with checklists and other materials to help you take the next steps, and you will have access to the instructor via email for 4 weeks of support following the workshop.
This workshop is not suitable for beginners who have not set up social media accounts or worked online before. (Try a “Get Started” clinic first – see below.)
Working Online for Authors: Get Started with Social Networking
Limits: Each session limited to 3 participants
You will work with one-on-one hands-on training and coaching to:
- Set up a new social networking account (Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Manage privacy and spam
- Build a profile that will attract new viewers and followers
- Populate your own page or stream with content (words and images; audio and video optional)
- Schedule posts in advance (a time saver!)
- Link one social network to another to increase your “reach” (how many people see your content)
Â Perfect for beginners, each clinic session will be slow-paced and give you one-on-one assistance to get started. You will leave with checklists and other materials to help you take the next steps, and you will have access to the instructor via email for 4 weeks of support following the workshop.
Websites for Authors: Your Website as Book Marketing Hub
Limit: 12 participants (Minimum is 4. Workshop will be re-scheduled if enrollment is less than 4.)
Location: TBA – To Be Announced
You will learn:
- How web pages or a website can serve as your brand and marketing hub. Make a domain and website you own and control get book marketing results for you.
- How to develop a content strategy for your website that will help attract new visitors and readers via search (e.g. Google), social media (e.g. Twitter) and reader or writer communities (e.g. Goodreads).
- Five online strategies for increasing your visibility as an author (and visibility for your books).
- Seven essential routines combining website pages, blog posts and social media. Drive more traffic to your marketing hub, author pages and book sales pages.
- Three ways to get started with a website if you don’t have one yet.
- Seven website mistakes you might be making and how to correct them. Get more eyeballs on your book pages, more followers of your books and more ($ka-ching!) sales.
- How to combine traditional book marketing with online book marketing for maximum impact.
Workshop Registration: Next Steps
Please indicate your interest in registration by contacting us via the form below. Just fill in and click on the Submit button.